Why choose us?
- A lesson per week
- 7 day pool access for the student and parent/caregiver, to swim
- Two spectator entries per lesson
- Cross centre pool access on non lesson days
- Continuous program
- Discounts on café and boutique purchases
Benefits of continuous swimming lessons
- Students swim continuously over the year including most school holidays
- More time in the water every year, therefore allowing the development and consolidation of skills with increased confidence; providing parents with better peace of mind around the water
- Ongoing assessments
- Ability to move to the next level when ready, without having to wait until the end of the school term
- Less forms to complete
- Enrol at any time
- Students move to the next level as soon as they are ready
- Place your membership on hold for up to 4 weeks each calendar year, in any combination of seven day blocks
- Stop and start lessons at your convenience
- No lessons on public holidays, over Easter or during the December/January school holidays
- Baby & Tots, Pre-school, School Age, Dolphins, Junior Lifeguard Club $34
- Adults $36
- Fortnightly direct debit payment on Mondays
- 1:1 or 2:1 options
- Arranged on request
Swan Active Swim Schools are:
- AUSTSWIM recognised with AUSTSWIM accredited staff
- Swim Australia registered
- Royal Life Saving WA endorsed; running their Swim & Survive program
Register to our Swan Active Swim School today
Sven the Starfish
This class is an introduction to water familiarisation for babies. They will play water games while learning to enjoy and have fun in the water. Some of the basic skills taught in this level will be built on as they progress through the classes that follow.
Suitable for 6 to 12 months old
Sibella the Seahorse
As babies are transitioning to a toddler this class builds on water familiarisation skills. More age appropriate skills are introduced with cues used to teach them skills like submerging. They will continue to learn through play in the water and having fun.
Suitable for 12 to 18 months old
Tibby the Turtle
In this class toddlers take part in activities geared towards their developmental age to build on water familiarisation and water safety skills already learnt. They will also learn to become independent in the water practicing floating and kicking with floatation aids. Having fun and enjoying the water is also a big focus.
Suitable for 18 months to 2 years old
Sunny The Sea Lion
This class will prepare the two year old for many skills that form the basis of learning to swim. They will be encouraged to kick, float and submerge independently or with a floatation aid. Taught how to explore the water with reaching and grasping skills and in the shallow area they will explore and ‘feel’ the water with a variety of activities.
Suitable for 2 to 2.5 years old
Ollie The Octopus
Children in this class will be prepared for transitioning out of a class with the parent/carer and into a class with just a swimming instructor. The classes are smaller so many skills needed for the next class are practiced e.g. listening to instructions, staying safe and taking turns. Some new activities will be introduced along with some they will be familiar with from previous classes.
Suitable for 2.5 to 3 years old
Carlos the Crocodile
Our Pre-School program is designed for 3 to 5 years old. In Carlos the Crocodile, we continue to develop an effective kick there is also a focus on developing freestyle arms.
5 year old age crossover
5 year olds may enrol into either our Pre-School or School Age program, however we recommend that they are at least 5.5 years old when making the transition between programs.
Dolphins caters for the student who has completed level 8 or 9 and either isn't interested in pursuing or has already completed the lifesaving focus of levels 10+ covered in JLC. Dolphins is great for students interested in focusing on school swimming carnivals or who enjoy swimming and wish to maintain their swimming fitness. Sessions run for 1 hour once a week.
Junior Lifeguard Club
Students learn basic first aid and lifesaving skills whilst working through their levels from 10 and above. Teamwork is encouraged and swimmers are provided with the opportunity to build and demonstrate leadership qualities. Swimmers are also given the opportunity to work towards their Bronze Medallion at the completion of Level 15. Sessions run for 1 hour once a week.
Our Adults program caters to everyone, whether you are a beginner or would like to improve your stroke technique. It is never too late to learn; many find the hardest part is making the decision to enrol, the rest is easy! Many of our participants bring a friend and learn together. Sessions run for 45 minutes.