Now is as good a time as any to clean out your unwanted belongings! It is also a great opportunity to get your kids involved with helping out and donating their used toys to others that will appreciate them.
Some tips for an effective spring clean:
- Be ruthless (keep in mind, the more you throw out the more you can replenish later)
- Take the emotional attachment out of your decision
- Start and finish an area before you move onto the next
- Think green when you clean! Make sure you are putting things in the correct bin when throwing items out (see our blog for assistance)
- Reward yourself (and helpers) for a job well done
Some questions to ask yourself when cleaning:
- When was the last time I used this?
- Do I really need this?
- Is there someone that will benefit from this item more than me?
- Will I ever wear this again?
Don’t forget one person’s trash is another person’s treasure!
Enjoy the satisfaction of a clean house.