It can be challenging at times to find things for the kids to do that doesn’t involve a screen or lots of mess… Below are some ideas to keep your kids entertained:
- Water play – set up a table or even just sit on the grass; you will need some water, containers (all different sizes) and some toys if you wish.
- Rock painting – grab a rock from the garden and get creative with some environmentally friendly paint.
- Investigating your yard – only use your eyes! Look for different bugs, flowers, colours and textures.
- Wash the car – get the kids to help, keep them busy and get your car washed for free.
- Frisbee golf – you will need a Frisbee and a laundry basket. Set the laundry basket up and try to throw the Frisbee into the basket, increasing distances when you get good at it. Make it a competition if you have more than one child.
- Hide and Seek – a timeless classic, works best if you have multiple siblings.
- Make a Cubby or Fort – if you have some old sheets to throw out, why not give them to the kids to make a fort/cubby out of them?
- Camping – you don’t even have to leave the house, why not get the kids to set up a tent and have a campout in the backyard!
- Box car – think outside the box or… inside the box! Get an old box and make a car or creation for the kids to play with.
We hope that these activities give you some inspiration!