This recipe was created due to research I have done on wholefoods that are naturally high in protein and fibre. Lupin flakes are both of those, plus they are low GI and are farmed here in WA… Bonus! It is wonderful to support our local farmers. Lupin flakes are available in local food shops and health food stores.
- 75g Lupin flakes (substitute with quick oats or quinoa flakes if you don’t have Lupin flakes)
- 75 g desiccated coconut
- 75 g pure smooth peanut butter (100% peanuts)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 65 g pure quality maple syrup
- 40 g vanilla protein powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Dark chocolate for the topping. You can choose to drizzle or cover the top.
- Line a small loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate to a large bowl and mix with a spoon. This will take a while, up to 3 minutes of non-stop mixing. If the mixture is still grainy and not coming together, add a tablespoon of water and mix again.
- Press into the prepared tin with wet hands, this way the mixture does not stick to your hands. Flatten well.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting into desired sized pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Thanks Mikhaela for the delicious recipe!
Follow TheFitInterest on Instagram and Facebook for free unrefined sugar recipes.